Prescription writing practice:-
Prescription:- Prescription is the written order by a registered medical practitioner comprising of one or more medicine together with an instruction to the pharmacist for preparing and dispensing as well as direction to the patient for taking it.
The prescription should be written on a prescription pad, on which the doctor’s full name with a professional degree, registration number, contact number with full address should be written clearly. So that patients can contact in case of emergency or any kind of adverse drug reaction.
Parts of Prescription writing:-
1. Patient details: It is important for the identification of the patient. It includes the name, age, gender, religion, body weight, and address of the patient. It is written on the left upper top age. Bodyweight is important for appropriate dose calculation especially for children and elderly persons. Gender is important to avoid any fetal malformation in females and any hormonal alteration.
2. Place and Date: It is written on the right upper top of the prescription. It is important for maintaining the drug record of the patient.
3. Superscription: (Rx) It is an abbreviation of a recipe. Conventionally it is the name of the Greek God of health (Venus) meaning take thou.
4. Inscription: It is called the body of prescription.
- a. Basis: Main drug
- b. Adjuvant: To enhance or assist the action of main drug.
- c. Corrigent: corrects the undesirable taste or smell of basis.
- d. Vehicle:An inert substance, acts like a medium in which drug in prepared and it also increases the volume of drug suitable for administration.
5. Subscription: Directions given to pharmacists for preparing and dispensing the drug. It is written as “mix and make a mixture or lotion” for two or more ingredients and dispense the given amount.
6. Signature: Direction given to the patient for taking the drug. It contains an amount dose of the drug. route and frequency of drug administration.
- Transcription: It is initial of the prescriber with date and is written on the right bottom of prescription and has medicolegal importance.
prescription writing examples:-
Great synonyms:- characterized by, or arising from, a dignified and benevolent nature Words Related to great:- numinous majestic venerable magnificent honorable exalted princely glorified uplifting knightly valiant ennobled moving worthy inspiring regal having or showing exceptional knowledge, experience, or skill in a field of endeavor Synonyms for great:- Words Related to great:- refined clever handy … Read more
Real Estate Bubble:- If you are a real estate owner or are considering buying real estate, you better pay attention, as real estate and your financial future may be the most important message you receive this year. The real estate market has experienced explosive growth over the past five years and as a result, many … Read more
What is Cash Advance? A cash advance is a small loan that is given for a short period of time. This will typically have a limit of around $1,500 and most companies will not require a credit check. Many people who take out a cash advance do so to keep money in their paychecks. The … Read more
Bad Synonyms:- Synonyms for bad imperfect downer bad news careless synthetic dissatisfactory abominable erroneous inadequate bummer not good slipshod deficient substandard incorrect blah godawful cruddy fallacious unsatisfactory inferior grungy crappy garbage diddly gross junky amiss cheesy beastly defective faulty grody raunchy the pits stinking Antonyms for bad:- Bad in a sentence:- First, it’s only useful … Read more
Synonyms for best friend:- Best Friend Synonyms good friend bestie best buddy great friend best bud alter ego closest friend soul mate best pal intimate friend bosom friend confidant buddy crony bro friend for life intimate main man bosom buddy mate pal companion dear friend words for best friend:- bosom friend noun intimate friend fast … Read more